Healthy + Delicious Granola Bars
I was on a mission to figure out a granola bar recipe that was 100% clean eating! I am a lover of chewy anything. Cookies, granola bars, candy... you name it! My jaw LOVES to chew! ;) I think I came up with a pretty darn good recipe! At least to those who aren't used to refined sugars and high fructose corn syrup! These actually ended up a little too sweet to my taste. 21 days of CLEAN EATING does something to your taste buds I think! However, my Husband and my children all LOVE them as much as I do-- so that tells me they can be a good treat for anyone... clean eating or not.
I set out on the counter a collection of ingredients I could use ...
I begun by melting 1/2 cup coconut oil in a sauce pan. Then I added 1/4 cup Stevia and brought the two ingredients to a boil.
Once boiling, I removed from the heat & I added 2 cups Oatmeal, 1 cup Quinoa, 1/2 cup Organic Unsweetened Coconut, 2 tbsp PB2 powder, 1/4 cup ground Flax Seed, 3/4 cup raw Almonds, 1/2 cup dried Blueberries
dMix well with a spoon and pour mixture on parchment paper and form into a square, compressing the mixture together. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes. If you'd prefer a more crunchy granola bar you could bake for longer.
Once they are done baking let cool completely. Then cut into bars the size that you prefer. I wanted mine to be a serving and fit in little snack size baggies. Anything is better when its a grab n' go in my opinion! I store these in my clean eating bin in my refrigerator. They are good cold from the fridge or leave them out or throw then in your bad and enjoy a chewy yummy HEALTHY snack later!
happy HEALTHY eating!!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Stevia
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic coconut
- 2 tbsp PB2 powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Melt coconut oil in a sauce pan and add Stevia. Bring the two ingredients to a boil. Once boiling remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. (you may also add cranberries, walnuts, puffed rice... anything you'd like! Also, for a stronger peanut butter taste you may want to double the PB2.)
- Stir all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Pour mixture on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and form a square, packing ingredients together to form a bond.
- Bake 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes for a chewy bar. You may cook longer for a more crunchy bar.
- After baking let cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator in individual zip lock baggies for easy grab n' go snacks!